Monday, 9 June 2008

Build (web): Object '[...].rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server

We had this constantly during a build (during the validation part) of a web application in Visual Studio 2008.  I think it occurred just after the machine name changed, but cannot be sure.

We also got the error 'The application domain in which the thread was running has been unloaded'; but only once.

We opened a Microsoft Support case for it - they managed to suppress the error by putting the following in the web.config

<system.codedom>

<compilers>

<compiler language="c#"

type="Microsoft.CSharp.CSharpCodeProvider, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089" extension=".cs" compilerOptions="/nostdlib /d:DEBUG;TRACE /warnaserror-" warningLevel="0"/>

<!-- /nowarn:0162,0108,0114,0252 -->

</compilers>

</system.codedom>

Under "configuration".

We're still waiting on a response from MS Support and we believe it's an MS bug.  At least with the above, it's possible to get on with the job!

Kris

UPDATE: 25TH JUNE 08:

OK, this bug has been sent via Redmond and I had a response today: "As a follow up to your question below… We investigated this area and it came out to be a known bug which we are fixing in SP1 version of ASP.NET…  So do ask Kristan to look forward to it".